[Grok-dev] Grok meeting 3 - summary

Souheil CHELFOUH trollfot at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 19:21:01 EST 2011

3rd Grok Meeting ! Monday 17th of January 2011

Focus : Release of Grok 1.3

Grokcore View
--------------

* Sylvain's idea for grokcore.view (templates) are postponed, the
release must happen first.

Grok view errors
----------------

In order to have error views that can be trigger an event, to allow
fanstatic handlers, we need to modify the existing errors views :

* Creation of a new package with the error views. Names proposed :
zope.errorview, grokcore.errorview.
* Name chosen : zope.errorview. The base code will be extracted from
zope.app.exception.

Documentation
-------------

* Martijn will do some experimenting with intersphinx.
* Sylvain uses intersphinx in Silva document : it works great.
* Martijn and Sylvain will work on that, as they can meet in Rotterdam.
* Works need to be done on the migration documentation in general

?> Intersphinx extension can generate automatic links to the
documentation of objects in other projects.

Tests
------

* z3c.testsetup has been removed : documentation is needed in that
matter (transition, removal or use)
* zope.pytest will be used now after the transition : z3c.testsetup ->
no z3c.testsetup -> zope.pytest
* General note : people in Grok want to use py.test !

z3c.autoinclude

* Ordering of the inclusion using z3c.autoinclude causes problems.
Therefore, j-w, janjapp, sylvain and trollfot don't use it.
* Some of the grok community people prefere to explicitly writes the
dependencies of the libraries.
* None of the grokcore packages use z3c.autoinclude. It might go away
in Grok, if the package continues to slim down as we plan to.