[Grok-dev] music tutorial incomplete

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 03:48:01 EST 2011

On 2/16/11 4:11 AM, Jose Galvez wrote:
> I have been trying for the last couple of days to complete the music
> tutorial, and I think it is incomplete. If you follow the instructions
> as printed the application is incomplete. Specifically where it breaks
> down is adding songs, there is no logical linkage from a song to a
> performance, nor is it explained to use song.py, here is the url for
> songs mapped? This tutorial is very frustrating and should either be
> fixed or removed.

This is *very* unfortunate, my apologies.

Thank you for reporting this - we're in the process of updating Grok's
documentation, but it is quite a bit of work. I hope you're not too put
off by this not to try Grok a bit more.

Maybe the original author of the tutorial could spend a few minutes
getting you up to speed?

regards, jw