[Grok-dev] towards a Grok release: current state of affairs

Jan-Jaap Driessen jdriessen at thehealthagency.com
Fri Jan 14 07:56:19 EST 2011

On 7 January 2011 16:56, Jan-Jaap Driessen
<jdriessen at thehealthagency.com> wrote:

>>> I'll work on the grokker.
>>
>> Cool.
>>
>> regards, jw
>
> Or not so cool :(
>
> I created a branch based on grokcore.view 2.2, in which I replaced the
> DirectoryResource by a ZopeFanstaticResource in the
> StaticResourcesGrokker:
>
> http://zope3.pov.lt/trac/changeset/119442
>
> Note that the fanstatic.Library is created on the fly based on a name
> and a resource path.
>
> I then made the necessary changes to grokproject: removing the
> fanstatic.libraries entry_point and the Library() in resource.py. (I
> didn't check in these changes.)
>
> When resources are referenced from ZPT through the static attribute of
> the view, all is jolly good. However, when I want define
> fanstatic.Resource instances in order to 'need()' them in a view, I
> don't have a reference to the Library object:
>
> http://zope3.pov.lt/trac/browser/grokproject/trunk/grokproject/template/src/%2Bpackage%2B/resource.py_tmpl
>
> (I could access the 'static' Library instance by going through
> fanstatic.get_library_registry[moduleinfo.package_dottedname], but
> this seems like an unstable hack.)
>
> I am inclined to reverse the static grokker code and return to
> grokcore.view 2.3. Input from a fresh set of eyes and mind would be
> much appreciated at this moment.
>

> Cheers,
>
> --
> Jan-Jaap Driessen

In preparation of the grok meeting next week, here's what's on my plate:

1. The 1.0 release of fanstatic is imminent. I would appreciate your
feedback. Fanstatic has been integrated into grokproject on a branch:

http://svn.zope.org/repos/main/grokproject/branches/janjaapdriessen-fanstatic

2. Grokproject has some changes:

 * uses (zope.)fanstatic, has examples of how to use fanstatic.

 * replaced the 'static' directory resource with one served by fanstatic.

 * replaced z3c.testsetup with manual registration of tests. I moved
the tests to the 'tests' subdirectory. In the future we may replace
the zope.testrunner with zope.pytest.

 * grokproject needs releases of grok, grokui.admin and the
groktoolkit. After these dependencies have been released, I will
polish the tests, merge and release.

 * needs a review of the changes.txt - are these instructions
sufficient to upgrade your project?

3. grokui.admin waits for a grok release

4. groktoolkit waits for a grok release

5. grok needs a release.

See you all on monday.

--