[Grok-dev] New feature in grokcore.view

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 04:08:17 EST 2011

On 1/13/11 17:09 PM, Sylvain Viollon wrote:
>    I am bored to use Chameleon and have warnings like unassociated
>    template 'foo.cpt.py', 'foo.cpt.pyc' ...
>
>    And other.
>
>    I here by propose to add a ZCML directive, that will be used like
>    that:
>
>    <grok:ignore_template pattern="*.cpt.py" />
>    <grok:ignore_template pattern="*.cpt.pyc" />
>
>    Or for some generated template I have:
>
>    <grok:ignore_template pattern="*.pt.tmp" />
>
>    What do you think about this ? Like this anyone can hide his annoying
>    temporary generated template without having to change any code in
>    grokcore.view.

Mildly +1

I'm not so annoyed with the warnings, but I realize I should be:
warnings should be dealt with, otherwise they are just noise that could
hide real problems.

>    Yes, well, of course I would like this, but not really the fanstatic
>    stuff (dependences and grokkers), but maybe we can make that optional,
>    and only activate it by default in the Grok package itself ?

Note that currently fanstatic is not a dependency of grokcore.view. It
is just that the way the static attribute on view components is not hard
wired anymore to use DirectoryResources.

regards, jw