[Grok-dev] contentprovider component

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 08:03:49 EDT 2011

Hi,

On 6/1/11 16:58 , Sylvain Viollon wrote:
> On Wed, 01 Jun 2011 16:06:22 +0200
> Jan-Wijbrand Kolman <janwijbrand at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 6/1/11 14:23 , Sylvain Viollon wrote:

>>>   In Silva I do already have such a component. It is the same than a
>>>   viewlet manager in fact, at the exception it is referred by
>>> 'provider' in the template namespace instead of
>>> 'viewletmanager' (which is kind of long).
>>
>> So, would you like to have that component in grokcore.view instead? I
>> think I would, so I can make it. Would it be useful for you too?
>
>   I think my answer said implicitly yes :)

I finally got around doing this. It is here:

  http://svn.zope.org/grokcore.view/branches/jw-contentproviders/

I hope someone has a moment of time to give it a quick look.

Sylvain, can I ask you explicitly to look at how the content provider
grokker configuration is triggered from the meta.zcml and
meta-minimal.zcml? And if I did The Right Thing to make the content
provider useful in a five.grok context?

BTW, I tried to incorporate the ContentProvider component into
grokcore.viewlet - as ViewletManager and Viewlets are basically content
providers too - but I found myself adding all kinds of special cases. So
I decided for now not to do this.

regards, jw