[Grok-dev] grok 1.4 I can't import netsnmp

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 07:18:07 EDT 2011

On 6/28/11 10:44 , 3sso wrote:

> I'm install package from apt-set install and I can see package dir at
> /dist-packages
> I can import in interpreter mode but can't in grok
>
> I try modify buildout.cfg and setup.py now still not work
>
> ps. I try reinstall it by easy-install have problem about package name not
> same too. so now I don't sure install it from what package. maybe
>
> python-pynetsnmp
> python-pysnmp-common
> python-pysnmp2
> python-twisted-snmp
> libsnmp-python
>
> all package name search from apt-cache search snmp command but can't use in
> easy-install command

Aren't (some of) these packages listed here?

  http://pypi.python.org/pypi?%3Aaction=search&term=snmp&submit=search

Mind you that the python package may have been split up in several deb
packages. Also note that, if these python packages contain compiled
code, the corresponding *-dev deb package may need to be installed.

The reason you python interpreter *does* see the packages and the
application as set up by buildout *does not*, is because buildout
*intentionally* isolates you from system-installed packages.

You could enable including system-installed package from your
buildout.cfg. Let me see how to do that...

...right, this URL might help:

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/zc.buildout/1.5.2#system-python-and-zc-buildout-1-5

HTH
regards, jw