[Grok-dev] megrok.chameleon, next steps

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Tue May 24 07:52:55 EDT 2011

On 5/19/11 16:01 , Uli Fouquet wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, den 19.05.2011, 15:22 +0200 schrieb Jan-Wijbrand Kolman:
>> On 5/19/11 12:38 , Souheil CHELFOUH wrote:
>>> genshi is no longer part of the base Chameleon2 engines.
>>> That's the only reason i suspect
>>
>> Aha! Right, I see. Genshi has left the Chameleon>  2.0 building.
>
> Yep that was the main reason. Beside this there is a megrok.genshi
> package which sounds more like the correct place for Genshi support.
>
> For megrok.chameleon I'd only want to support what Chameleon itself
> supports (even if it is changing all the time).
>
>> (As an aside: personally I'm not using Genshi, but it might be nice if
>> the reasons for not including Genshi in Chameleon anymore, would have
>> been documented somewhere, but I cannot find it.)
>
> Sorry for the bad docs. That was due to lack of time. At least all
> mentions of Genshi in the docs vanished (hopefully).

I removed some remaining references.

Anyway, I didn't mean that *you* should've provided more explanations
for the gone Genshi support from Chameleon. What I meant is that the
Chameleon documentation itself hardly elaborates on this choice. It
would've been nice to be able to point to an explanation from our docs.

But again, I myself like the page template language still very very much
and do not use much else - so I'm very happy with the megrok.chameleon
glue :-)

>> Anyway, I amended the changelog of megrok.chameleon accordingly and I
>> think I could release megrok.chamelein 1.0-rc1 now.
>
> Sounds great, thank you very much!

I released 1.0-rc1 indeed. A "proper" 1.0 will be done once the
Chameleon and z3c.pt package have released final versions too. And in
the meantime we can incorporate feedback we might get for the
megrok.chameleon package.

regards, jw