[Grok-dev] Obviel

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Thu Nov 3 13:07:59 UTC 2011

Hi there,

Yesterday I released Obviel. Some of you who were at the forest sprint
last year heard about it then. It's now a rewrite further along, and
I've finally finished the documentation in a state good enough for me to
release it.

I've been using it with Grok on the server side for more than the past
year on several complex single-page rich client web applications. Those
projects are mostly done now, and I'm looking to build more apps using
Obviel. :)

The Obviel web page is here:

http://www.obviel.org

and I also blogged about it:

http://faassen.n--tree.net/blog/view/weblog/2011/11/02/0

The way I use it with Grok is:

* JSON view methods in Grok

* Fanstatic to publish the thing (I still need to publically release a
js.obviel package)

* I have a library, also not yet released, called Oven, that helps with
Obviel form generation and also datatables (a UI component) integration.
The datatables integration is a bit disorganized right now on the client
side; I hope to bring it into Obviel proper soon as it's quite powerful.