[Grok-dev] grokcore.component registring Components

Sylvain Viollon sylvain at infrae.com
Wed Nov 30 09:03:53 UTC 2011

Op 29 nov 2011, om 13:40 heeft Christian Klinger het volgende geschreven:

> Hi,

   Hello,

> together with Souheil we tried to use z3c.baseregistry[1] together with GROK. Out of the box it does not work, because grokcore.component uses
> some functions (provideUtility, provideAdatper, ...) from zope.component. Souheil discoverd that this function use *always* the globalSiteManager, which makes problems together with z3c.baseregistry.
>
> We created a simple function (my_provideUtility) which works, Is it possible to integrate this in grokcore.component? Are there any risks?

   I think we can update grokcore.component so it can work like you say. We should have a file that rebuild those provide functions (for all the things) and use them. Of course them should not be called my_something. I hate stuff that starts with my_.

  +42

  Sylvain,

--
Sylvain Viollon -- Infrae