[Grok-dev] database conflicts and Error Reporting utility problems

Sebastian Ware sebastian at urbantalk.se
Mon Oct 17 05:12:28 UTC 2011

IErrorReportingUtility i implemented and registered by the egg

  zope.error

so you could double check that you have that egg. But it sounds like it hasn't been registered properly. To check if that is the case you could just create a grok.GlobalUtility with:

  grok.implements(IErrorReportingUtility)

If the error reporting utility is registered properly you would get a configuration error. If you don't get that, your project has failed to register the error reporting utility implemented in zope.error. Not sure why this would happen if the egg exsists though.

If the egg is missing (which sounds highly unlikely because it is import from other eggs), you could add 'zope.error' to install_requires in setup.py, and see if that solves your problem.

Mvh Sebastian