[Grok-dev] The state of Grok projects in the cooking
sebastian at urbantalk.se
Fri Sep 16 03:43:24 EST 2011
Since we have quite low traffic on the Grok mailing lists I thought it would be nice to hear what projects people are currently working on with Grok.
At Urbantalk we are currently using Grok for all our webb app development. We are super happy with both the development and deployment story! You guys have done a truly excellent job!!!
- We are maintaining two industry specific search engines with extensive community features. It uses the stock zope catalog components (scaled for up to 500k visitors per month)
- We are actively developing a video-cms with video-ads and payment options. We have used gp.upload and iframes for concurrent file upload with progressbar. Nginx and third-party CDN for video delivery
- We are actively developing a multilingual iPad/desktop browser-publishing solution running for a couple of clients with integrated Facebook and Twitter push publishing
- We are maintaining a webb-client based digital signage/cctv solution
- We are implementing a backend CMS for a calendar iPhone-app
- We are about to launch a subscription based e-commerce solution with PayPal-integration. It is used for handling magazine subscriptions
- We are continuously developing our internal issue and time tracking solution with ad-hoc production planning capabilities
- We have a SCRUM sprint tracking solution with nice charts and stuff
All our applications are using AJAX-template injection using a thin Mootools client so we are heavily dependent on PageTemplates and grok.JSON. We will at some point migrate to a better performing templating language.
More information about the Grok-dev