[Grok-dev] Global Cross-App User Authentication

Matt Rutherford matrutherford at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 18:13:27 UTC 2012

Hi guys, after a break away I now have time to resume my Grok project once
more.

In my project I am creating multiple apps (but only a single instance of
each) and I would like to share user information between apps - i.e. if a
user registers on one of these apps they can also use the same login
details on another.

Can the GlobalUtility class handle such an arrangement?

The way I'd see it to keep things clean I would be looking to create a
separate authenticator app that has SessionCredentialsPlugin and
IAuthenticatorPlugin adapters implemented and both registered as
GlobalUtility.

Could I then use these from the other apps and if so how?

cheers

Matt