[Grok-dev] What's the best practise to store images / files in blob storage

lzdych lukas.zdych at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 07:42:19 UTC 2012

Hi Grokkers,

I'm trying to create simple model with a file and an image attribute stored
in the blob storage but found it almost impossible with current Grok release
(1.4) and available extensions.

mebrok.form is broken, dolmen.blob (widgets) are using different forms
framework which I didn't make work easily and I also failed with
plone.namedfile due to dependency conflicts and a few others packages which
I found are outdated at all.

I was so surprised that I can't make it work even without blob storage
easily - it seems a lot have been changed so even using zope.app.file isn't
the way.

So my question is if I missed something and there is an working example or
if the best way is for example to update megrok.form or if there is even
anybody having working code for file/image field stored in the zodb or
bettter in blobs.

Kind Regards

Lukas