[Grok-dev] Relooking at Grok

Milind Khadilkar zedobject at gmail.com
Sun Jul 1 05:04:55 UTC 2012

Hi,
I have used Grok in the past and had problems with using 1.4 on Windows.
Not being a hands on programmer, could not do the troubleshooting required
and dropped it, though colleagues at my company have been using it for some
projects. I have been following discussions on this list though, without
fully understanding their content... At my company, there is a suggestion
to use more of Grok for further projects, but I am a bit bothered by there
being no new releases in 5 quarters, since April 2011. Should I view it as
an indicator of stability, or as a lack of community support, or an
emphasis on downloading the current code from the repository and building
it?

Is there anything else that we should consider in taking a decision on Grok
as our primary platform?

Thanks.
Best Wishes
Milind Khadilkar