[Grok-dev] bootstrap error [was: Relooking at Grok]

Uli Fouquet uli at gnufix.de
Sun Jul 15 15:42:46 UTC 2012

Hi Milind,

On Sun, 15 Jul 2012 17:23:55 +0530 Milind Khadilkar wrote:
> Hello!
> Thanks, everyone, for encouraging me to get back onto grok. I have, since,
> installed grok on a Windows XP as well as on a couple of linuxes.
> However, I am unable to get it working on Fedora 17. I get the following
> error.
>
> Any suggestions?

Looks indeed like a Fedora-zc.buildout-distutils-setuptools-specific
problem as mentioned here:

  http://code.activestate.com/lists/python-distutils-sig/17392/

and if the poster is right it might bite you also with other
Python-related packages.

As a quick workaround you might have more luck with a virtualenv (with
--no-site-packages).

I'm afraid there's not much we can do from the Grok-side about this (or
could we?).

Best regards,

--
Uli