[Grok-dev] indexes not getting updated for contents added via ApplicationInitializedEvent subscriber

Joshua Immanuel josh at hipro.co.in
Mon Nov 26 09:29:33 UTC 2012

Hello all,
I was trying to add some default contents for my application upon the
initialization of Site. So, I added a subscriber for
ApplicationInitializedEvent. In that subscriber I tried adding an object
which has some indexes attached with it. Though the object gets added
successfully but the catalog indexes for it are not getting updated.
However, the indexes are updated if the object is added via formlib.

Upon searching the archives I found this thread which talks about the
ApplicationInitializedEvent
https://mail.zope.org/pipermail/grok-dev/2009-October/008766.html

This is how my subscriber looks like

        @grok.subscribe(IMyRoot, grok.ApplicationInitializedEvent)
        def cbAppRootAdded(app_root, event):
            catalog = component.queryUtility(ICatalog, context=app_root)
            # catalog is not None
            intids = component.queryUtility(
                IIntIds, context=app_root, default=None)
            # intids is also not None

            my_folder = MyFolder() # grok.Container object
            my_default_object = MyObject(...) # grok.Model object
            grok.notify(grok.ObjectCreatedEvent(my_default_object))
            my_folder['default_object'] = my_default_object
            app_root['my_folder'] = my_folder
            transaction.commit()

I even tried adding the default object via IObjectAddedEvent subscriber
for IMyFolder. Still, the indexes for MyObject were not getting updated.

Am I missing something?
--
Joshua Immanuel
HiPro IT Solutions Private Limited