[Grok-dev] grok's package on github.

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 10:21:28 UTC 2013

On 3/1/13 10:49 AM, Sylvain Viollon wrote:
> I have no idea as well, but if you want I can drop at your office one
> of days and we can work on this together, or vice and versa.

That would certainly help!! I'm thinking next monday (04/03/13)
just-after-office-hours. Would that work for you?

I got a reply from Marius Gedminas with a link to a write up of the
steps involved:

   https://gist.github.com/mgedmin/4944724

There's two things "someone else" needs to do for us to be able to
migrate packages: 1) Someone should give use the mapping between svn
usernames and their real names & email addresses and 2) someone should
create an empty repository for the package being migrated on
https://github.com/zopefoundation.

I guess, the "best" thing to do would be to just pick a random
grokcore.* package - let's say grokcore.component - and make an attempt.

I'll ask whether I can get this username-mapping and whether someone
could create https://github.com/zopefoundation/grokcore.component.

regards, jw