[Grok-dev] Grok Sprint

Christopher Lozinski lozinski at freerecruiting.com
Thu Aug 24 08:08:26 CEST 2017

Thank you for volunteering.

I had a bit of time to think about what project you might enjoy.

And of course that is the first rule of open source software, you should work on what you enjoy.

Unlike a job. ;-)

So tell us what interests you and we will see what we can recommend.

In the meantime, I have some ideas.  testing out grok.project is a good start.  Whenever I approach an open source project, I find the best thing to do is to write documentation.  I read the code, maybe I do not quite understand it, so I write what I understood.  If I get it right, perfect.  If I get it wrong, the senior developers are always keen to correct it.  Either way, my understanding of the software increases.

Some people like to write docs, some do not.  It all depends on you.  Paul is wonderful, both a good software developer, and good at docs.  You might want to start by reviewing the grok tutorial he wrote..

You can find the link here:
https://pythonlinks.info/grok <https://pythonlinks.info/grok>

Look for “Grok tutorial"

Chris