[Grok-dev] megrok.rdb

Christopher Lozinski lozinski at freerecruiting.com
Thu Mar 9 18:36:56 CET 2017

> On Mar 9, 2017, at 6:10 PM, Souheil CHELFOUH <trollfot at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> https://github.com/Cromlech <https://github.com/Cromlech>

Well I took a look at it.

Many of the package names looked familiar.  They all had a one line description of what they do.

Sadly more documentation was lacking.

But I linked to it anyhow, from Pylang.info.

I wonder if your company is similarly much more productive than your competitors?   It would make very good anecdotal evidence.

The problem is that there are not that many users.  I share Paul’s belief of staying close to ZTK users.

But maybe we can take a step in your direction.  If we could remove one library from Grok/ZTK, and replace it with your stuff, what would it be?

My biggest unhappiness is with zope.publisher.   Just massive and hugely confused.  Grok views are confused and tangled up with it.  It even calls zope.app stuff.

Grok guys contorted things to work with the ZTK model.  I would love to rip it out and throw it out.

I have my own traversal.

I have thought of grabbing the Pyramid Publishing software.   Maybe yours would be better.  That would be one or two packages I could take from you.  Good for both of us.

What do you think?

Warm Regards
Chris