[Grok-dev] megrok.rdb

lozinski lozinski at privacv.com
Fri Mar 10 12:22:23 CET 2017

> On Mar 10, 2017, at 10:51 AM, Souheil CHELFOUH <trollfot at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thing is, the concepts are what interested me.

That is the key point.  Zope has these wonderful abstractions.

I could not relocate the following quote on the web.

"those who have not studied zope are destined to reinvent it." Philip Ebby

Did I get it right?

As one guy said to me at EuroPython: “You are an abstract thinker”.  It turns out most people are not nearly as abstract.   That is what we should be pushing.  The superior abstractions of Zope 3.  That way when they ask us how many users, we can reply, Does your highly used stack support the abstractions you need?

In my marketing talks to Python groups, I am putting together a talk on PyLang concepts.
PyLang.info most of which are actually zope concepts.  I can share that.

There really should be a  talk called Zope concepts.   One slide per concept.

Tittle Slide
Eby Quote
Persistent Python
Object Publishing
Traversal
Views on Objects
Permissions on Views on Objects
 zope.securitypolicy Permission Model
 Zope.interface
Zope.Schema
Z3c.form
Adaptors
 Registration/Lookup.

Zopache Concepts
     ZMI
    TTW Editing
     Specific Classes
        HTML (Chameleon)
        Javascript
        CSS
        Jace
        File
        Image
        Include
        ZClasses
       Acquisition

Blogory Concepts
         Category
         Posting
         Link
         Video

Blogory Business Concepts
          Continent
         Country
         City
         Company
         Job
Conclusion
     History, and resurrection news.
     Cost comparisons of our companies and competitors
     Websites, and contact info.

Do you have any other concepts I should mention?
Do you have any good images I can use in the talk?

And we should go around our local Python user groups giving talks about it.  Not just the three of us, but create a set of slides and invite people to give that talk all over the world.

And use that to increase the Zope/Grok/Cromlech market share.

Would you like to give it somewhere?

PyCon Web call for papers deadline is March 15th.

I should point out that when zope corporation went bankrupt this whole community died.  But it is getting resurrected.  ZODB mailing list is now crazy active.  There is the Zope Resurrection Sprint.  They were surprised by the turnout.  It is about time that the Grok/Zope 3 world starts to revive.  It is inevitable.   Maybe his discussion is evidence of that happening.

Warm Regards
Chris