[Grok-doc] grok poller tutorial

Steve Schmechel steveschmechel at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 17 12:13:33 EST 2009

The new privileges seem to have had an effect.  Thank you.

I didn't mean to put the tutorial document in SVN, just to
follow the tutorial and build a working app from it, then
put that in SVN.

If the app can be automatically built and tested before
a release, it would allow us to know that something has changed
which affects the tutorial.

Also, if we provide a link to the app's location in SVN right
in the tutorial, a user who is having problems getting the
app to work following the tutorial, could have a peek at
the SVN code and see what they might have missed.

Just ideas.  Not sure if it would be worth the effort.
I do feel for those who try to learn from a tutorial only
to be frustrated by some small mistake on their part or
from the tutorial itself.  When you don't know which one
is wrong, you tend to spend a lot of time figuring out what
you did wrong.  Then, if it turns out to be a problem with
the tutorial after all, you pretty much want to strangle
someone. ;-)

Regards,
Steve