[Grok-doc] Future of the grok-doc list and community documentation in general

Tim Cook timothywayne.cook at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 19:21:21 EST 2009

On Sun, 2009-11-15 at 17:29 -0800, Steve Schmechel wrote:
> It seems the majority of activity on the grok-doc list lately involves
> administratively discarding list spam.  Maybe it is time to reconsider,
> if Martijn was correct in advising against a second list and merge this
> list back into the grok-dev list.

I must admit some culpability here.

Several months ago I complained about the state of the Grok community
documentation and examples.  I gained two allies in Steve and Sebastian.
As things often work out;  I've had ups and downs since them.   My house
has been robbed three times in the past two months (I was a good boy and
had off site backups) and on the positive side as a consultant I do not
recall being busier in the past 10 years. :-) So things do work out.

So; I complained about the Grok docs, Steve and Sebastian took over and
did something about them and "I" think in a very positive way.  I am
very proud of the way that they have brought the issue to the Zope/Grok
community and I think that the idea will stick. Something that has not
happened before.

I have lurked, I have benefited and in fact my entire community has
benefited https://launchpad.net/mlhim and we thank you all for it.

Cheers,
Tim

Timothy Cook, MSc

Skype ID == (upon request)
Academic.Edu Profile: http://uff.academia.edu/TimothyCook

You may get my Public GPG key from  popular keyservers or
from this link http://timothywayne.cook.googlepages.com/home