[Grok-doc] Changing references from Zope 3 to BlueBream?

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Mon Jul 5 14:01:50 EDT 2010

On 07/02/2010 08:21 PM, Tim Cook wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-07-02 at 15:30 +0200, Sebastian Ware wrote:
>> Now that Zope 3 is called BlueBream, should we change the references to Zope 3 on the website?

> +1

Actually, it depends on the context.

If we used "Zope 3" in the sense of the Zope Toolkit, i.e. "Grok is
built on the Zope 3" and "Grok makes Zope 3 accessible to cavemen", it
should *not* be replaced with Blue Bream, but with "Zope Toolkit". I've
already done so in a number of places. The historical discussion would
be really strange if we blindly switched Zope 3 to BlueBream, as that'd
extend BlueBream's existence into a past where it didn't exist. You can
argue the ZTK didn't exist either, but conceptually that form of use of
Zope 3 has existed for years (when Five first emerged to start with).

I think we should use BlueBream only in the contexts where we talk about
it being a sister project also based on the ZTK, and therefore largely
compatible.

Regards,

Martijn