[Grok-doc] Volunteering for a YUI tutorial

Roger Erens roger.erens at e-s-c.biz
Tue Mar 30 13:21:14 EDT 2010

Hi Jeroen,

Thanks for having solved the buidout issues. I've been busy editing
(mainly formatting) your tutorial. I'm still not  yet clear about a
few things in part 1; can you enlighten me?

1)
Below the code for 'style.css' you mention that a basic Grid has been
created. Is it? Only the class-value "yui-g" hints to that, but I
wouldn't call that 'creating a basic grid'.

2)
Then you mention megrok.resource, but this module is not used at all
in part 1. Or is it? Maybe mentioning and explaining (which happens
just above the 'app.py' code further down the page) it could be moved
to part 3 where I see megrok.resource being used in code the first
time.

3)
Although I'm still missing the big picture of the tutorial, I'd like
you to think about this:
is the (megrok.)layout stuff not too distracting for this tutorial?
Maybe it's worth a tutorial of its own; also simplifying the
YUI-tutorial?

Cheers,

Roger