[Grok-doc] Procedure for fixing broken object (after migrating to Grok-1.2)

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 02:54:12 EDT 2010

Hi,

Would someone from the documentation team like to help write
instructions on how to upgrade your database after migrating to Grok-1.2?

In Grok-1.2 quite a few zope.app.* package are no longer included. This
can break persisten objects that have been created from class
definitions in the zope.app.* packages.

The zodbupdate[1] tool can help with migrating to a zope.app.*-less
installation.

I hope someone find the time and energy to help write these
instructions. You can always ask me for a review, or to clearify details
where needed.

Kind regards, jw

[1] http://pypi.python.org/pypi/zodbupdate