[Gsoc] License for code upload to google

Uli Fouquet uli at gnufix.de
Sat Aug 18 15:30:44 EDT 2007

Oi Luciano,

Am Samstag, den 18.08.2007, 15:16 -0300 schrieb Luciano Ramalho:

> Currently, there's no need (or way) to select a license to in
> individual file made available for download. I just checked this in
> the UI for the paleosoft project:
>
> http://code.google.com/p/paleosoft/downloads/list
>
> (You need to be logged in to see the upload form. BTW, if anyone here
> wants a an account to put code in paleosoft, just ask! I'm using
> paleosoft to collaborate with other grok users who don't have
> committer privileges in zope.org)

Cool, Luciano! Thanks for the offer! Yes, I think I would have use for
such an account to share grok code with developers who are
non-committers on svn.zope.org. Let's discuss this after the deadline,
okay?

> > I assume, the upload section which is here:
> >
> >   http://code.google.com/p/google-summer-of-code/downloads/list
> >
> > will be different to the current Google project pages, where you,
> > Luciano, hosted your project in the beginning.
>
> I'm assuming the opposite, as I said above: since they created
> google-summer-of-code as a regular project inside their hosting app, I
> assume Google wants to use the functionality as it is. Of course,
> they've already made one customization (the "multiple licenses" bit),
> and more changes may happen...

You know that interface better than I do and this sounds reasonable. So
let's hope, everything will be allright by the deadline.

Kind regards,

--
Uli