[Gsoc] proposal suggestions

Jesper Petersen instantfoo at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 09:47:32 EDT 2008

Thanks for your replies, Lennart and Uli!
On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 11:25 AM, Uli Fouquet <uli at gnufix.de> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Lennart Regebro wrote:
> > [...]
> > Martin is concentrating on the component registry introspector, so
> > Jesper might look at building the base for better object inspectors,
> > and Uli on the documentation tool?
>
> By "documentation tool" you mean the Grok introspecor/docgrok? And by
> "object inspectors" basically a ZODB browser/information gatherer? Well,
> why not? What do you think, Jesper?
>
> [...]
> Uli

Sounds good to me. So basically this (since Uli was willing to drop the
introspector part )?
* MartinL - Component registry tool (Zope2 Plone)
* Uli - Docgrok (Grok)
* Jesper - Object introspector (Zope3)

My object introspector should basically just expand the current one to show
more info or display the info we have in a better way. E.g class
inheritance-tree, docstrings, source code and adapters for the current
object. Is this what DocFinder actually does today? I've never used Zope2 so
I can't say much about it :) Nevertheless, I could get some inspiration from
Docfinder..

Additionally, a view-introspector could be implemented or maybe that would
be too much work?

Regards
Jesper