[Gsoc] proposal suggestions

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Wed Apr 2 12:03:03 EDT 2008

Hey,

On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 5:48 PM, Lennart Regebro <regebro at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 5:39 PM, Martijn Faassen <faassen at startifact.com> wrote:
>  >  I think strong collaboration between the three of you will be
>  >  necessary in order to make this work. I think I disagree with Lennart
>  >  here, who seems to see more differences between these projects than I
>  >  can determine.
>
>  Yes, I do see clear distinctions between introspecting the object
>  instance, the class and the component registry.
>  It is however completely evident that the similarity is great and that
>  the usefulness of integratinlig this into one whole from a user
>  perspective is very large.
[snip use cases]

Yes, from a user perspective, definitely. I also think such
integration would be valuable in a library perspective. I'd like to
translate the use cases you mention to a set of Python APIs that are
sitting in a reusable library. I guess such a library could be
factored into multiple bits (one dealing with just zope.interface and
zope.component, say, and another that knows about views), but
conceptual coherence between these bits is still important.

Regards,

Martijn