[Gsoc] Status update: evaluation phase continues, voting doesn't start yet

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Mon Apr 7 07:05:30 EDT 2008

Hi there,

A note primarily meant for the mentors. Note that while the web
application does allow voting, this shouldn't be our primary way of
giving feedback at this stage. Don't worry too much about votes yet.
Here's a brief timeline:

* today (april 7) is the student application deadline

After today, the 'interim period' starts. This is a time for us to go
through the proposals and if necessary, request further detail from
students.

* wednesday (april 9) we'll know how many slots for projects we'll
receive from the Summer of Code program.

* we then start seeing who is willing to mentor what, and we can start
ranking. I'll announce when I think our mentors should start voting in
earnest on the list.

*  April 18: we now should have all projects we want to mentor matched
with a mentor and ranking should be done.

* April 21: the accepted proposals will be posted officially.

I'll definitely update everybody about what we're supposed to do next.

Regards,

Martijn