[Gsoc] to mentors: good preliminary result from Google

Aroldo Souza-Leite asouzaleite at gmx.de
Wed Apr 9 10:40:35 EDT 2008

Hi Martijn, hi ZF Soc mentors,

all ZF Gsoc projects with at least one mentor candidate up to now
(Baiju, Martijn F, Sidnei, Leonardo, Lennart, Bernd, Jodok, Theuni,
Malthe and Adam - further mentors can still require projects - ) counted
positively in the first phase of the Gsoc selection, meaning that ZF has
a good chance of getting Google to fund all those projects  ZF really
wants to mentor.

We can aim at 10 ZF Soc stipends for 2008.

It is a very good score for the Zope Foundation in our second Gsoc year.
This is clearly a result of good student applications and an engaged,
qualified - and disciplined - mentor staff. Let us keep it like this
during the project ranking and mentor/co-mentor assignment phase
beginning now.

The mentor coordinator has the word.

Regards,

Aroldo.