[Gsoc] bad news on the Zope Foundation slot count

Aroldo Souza-Leite asouzaleite at gmx.de
Thu Apr 10 09:57:42 EDT 2008

Hi all,

we should keep cool, all is not lost:

1. The preliminary allocation algorithm will run again this weekend. We seem not to be the only ones who didn't quite understand the mathematics behind it. Compared to last years' procedure, there were also slight changes in the information channel about the result that confused me and others (I apologize for rejoicing too early). We will know more next Monday.

2. Even after the second round, the alloted number of slots is explicitly preliminary. The way mentors and students work  on the applications after this usually has a great influence in changing this number to the better.

3. Last year the ZF got all projects it applied for, due to zealous students and mentors. This year we are much better prepared and doing it in a much more systematic way. My instinct says that it is very unlikely that we get less projects now than less year. We can hope for more.

So, the best we can do is follow Martijn's instructions and go on working the way we have been doing so far. We'll keep this list informed.

I apologize for rejoicing too early, sorry for the confusion caused. Let's just row on.

Regards,

Aroldo.

-------- Original-Nachricht --------