[Gsoc] final slot count: 5 slots

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Fri Apr 18 15:57:20 EDT 2008

Hi there,

I just participated in the IRC session where duplicated projects were
resolved (we already did this before so no work for us) and extra
slots were given out that appeared due to some of the duplication
resolution. When the IRC channel was unmuted to ask for slots, just
about everybody asked for more slots (I didn't get in a word edgewise,
but it didn't matter), so in the end the GSOC people just assigned
slots based on their own insights. I noticed the Plone Foundation got
more slots, so that's good for us too!

I've adjusted the web application to put the dividing line at 5 slots.
We won't get any more.

Mentors: your vote matters. We have several projects teetering around
the 5 projects marker. I think all these projects are deserving. I
have my preferences, and so do you. Express them by voting, or
adjusting your vote (this is allowed). Do it this weekend, as next
week is the final allocation.

Regards,

Martijn