[Gsoc] ZF GSoC wiki 2008

Luciano Ramalho luciano at ramalho.org
Sun Mar 2 11:08:54 EST 2008

On Sun, Mar 2, 2008 at 12:37 PM, Aroldo Souza-Leite <asouzaleite at gmx.de> wrote:
>  http://wiki.zope.org/zope3/ZopeFoundationsApplicationQuestionnaire2008.
[...]
>  Would somebody please take a critical look at these wiki pages, especially at the Questionnaire2008?
>  I'm intending to use this for the ZF GSoC application in the middle of this week.

Hey, Aroldo!

Just a bureaucratic note: when Google says "Please include Google
Account information" (questions 11 and 12), they want the @gmail.com
addresses of the people involved.

For question 15 ("What is your plan for dealing with disappearing
mentors?"), I'd like to repeat a suggestion I made in the feedback
forms last year: ZF should assign a backup mentor for each student,
and let the student know who that is from the start. The backup mentor
for one student may be the main mentor for another student. The point
is that if the mentor is absent the student has a second person to
contact.

For question 16 (encouraging student involvement) you could mention
that last year ZF encouraged students to attend sprints after GSoC was
over, and even provided lodging, food and local transportation to
students who attended (at least that was my case!).

Um grande abraço,

Luciano