[Gsoc] Vudo mentorship

Malthe Borch mborch at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 07:00:48 EST 2008

Hey, –––

I'd like to mentor a Zope 3-project that is especially interesting for
a system like Vudo that  might be deployed as an SaaS-application.

To architect and develop a TTW-plugin system based on Python eggs and
entry points such that Zope 3-applications can be extended at runtime.
I believe there's some code to leveraged in the zam packages.

There are many concerns including compatibility, version migration and
code integrity testing.

Furthermore, plugin configuration must be site local including proper
setup and tear down of components such that each local site in the
application can provide its own disposable configuration.

Feedback much appreciated.