[Gsoc] Student who just applied on the TestRunner subject

Aroldo Souza-Leite asouzaleite at gmx.de
Mon Mar 31 06:08:21 EDT 2008

Hello Thomas,

Thomas Cordival wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have already posted here about a subject on REST but you pointed
> that Zope already had a REST support, what I didn't know, so I
> surrendered this subject.
> Since I'm really attracted by coding on Zope I have picked another
> interesting subject on the Wiki and applied for it : the re-factoring
> and improvement of the TestRunner because I think test-driven test is
> a healthy way of coding and it goes well with the python logic and i'm
> interested in working on code that has to keep simple but efficient
> and reliable.

thanks your for applying for a project in the ZF SoC programme.
> However, when I applied on the GSoC page, next to the large
> application description field there where a notification saying that
> the Zope Foundation was in the process of redacting a template for the
> application and it would be released before the beginning of the
> application period, but I wasn't able to find it, does someone have
> some news about it ?

 We never needed a student application template because the practice of
looking for advice from mentors in this mailinglist proved very good,
and I couldn't re-edit the second field of the  ZF GSoC description on
the GSoC site. I'm sorry if this confused you.

We are hoping that the student application deadline will be extended and
intend to give you support - in this mailinglist - to specify your project.

Regards,

Aroldo.