[Interface-dev] module-level interface

John Lenton jlenton at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 12:26:47 EDT 2005

On 6/8/05, Jim Fulton <jim at zope.com> wrote:

> Modules can never implement an interface because they are
> not callable.
>
> We say that a factory (commonly a class) "implements" an interface,
> by which we mean that the objects created by the factory "provide"
> the interface.  An object "provides" an interface if it satisfies the
> specification defined by the interface.

ah, I see. So what I'm wanting to do is for the module to provide an
interface, part of which is that it defines classes that implement
different interfaces. Did I get it right this time?

> > with this, verifyObject checks that the skin provides the Window
> > class, but that's all; I'd like for it to check if the Window
> > implements IWindow. Is that doable? (I know I could do it "by hand"
> > using several verifies, but I thought I'd ask before doing
> > that---maintainability would suck)
>
> The current verification framework is very crude and not very powerful.
> It alone cannot answer this question.

I see. Would a verifyModule that did the kind of checks that I'm
needing be useful in general?

--
John Lenton (jlenton at gmail.com) -- Random fortune:
Don't anthropomorphise computers and cars, They hate that.