[Interface-dev] Twisted usage of zope interface in Zope3 SVN

Christopher Armstrong radix at twistedmatrix.com
Fri Sep 22 14:25:49 EDT 2006

I noticed the other day that the Twisted tests are failing with the latest
SVN checkout of Zope3 trunk. Our usage of adapter registration seems to be
totally broken. Apparently you guys realized this:

    # XXX hack to fake out twisted's use of a private api.  We need to get
them
    # to use the new registed method.
    def get(self, _):
        class XXXTwistedFakeOut:
            selfImplied = {}
        return XXXTwistedFakeOut

Of course this breaks things because selfImplied doesn't contain anything. I
realize this is only SVN trunk, but I see that this thing was added about
5000 revisions ago, so I'm wondering if anything else is planned on making
this hack work more thoroughly. Of course, maybe that's not necessary: We
should also be using the new API, I guess, but I'm not sure how or when I
should do this, as the released version of zope interface works with
Twisted.

I'm also kind of surprised this isn't breaking Zope3's usage of Twisted, but
I guess you have been able to avoid the parts of Twisted that actually use
adapters.

--
Christopher Armstrong
International Man of Twistery