[Interface-dev] Why not zope.fixres?

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 03:35:19 EDT 2009

During the DZUG sprint somebody moved zope.fixers into zope.interface.
I didn't understand the reason, but I didn't mind. However, during
further looks at the code, I saw that to make the automatic 2to3 code
of zope.interface work with the newly integrated zope.fixers, some
ugly hacks was needed. They also didn't work, although I don't
remember why anymore.

So I wonder: What was the reasoning behind this? Is there a problem in
having fixers in a separate package? If not, I think that's the best
option, and I'll remove it from zope.interface.

After that I think zope.interface's Python 3 support is ready for some
sort of pre-release/testing, I guess.

http://regebro.wordpress.com/
+33 661 58 14 64