[Zconfig] ZConfig example to configure a ZEO client

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Wed Feb 16 13:24:28 EST 2005

Willadsens wrote at 2005-2-15 15:07 -0500:
>I am looking for a more detailed example of configuring a ZEO client via
>ZConfig.
>I want to start the ZEO client from the command line in the same way I
>start the server.

What does this mean? To use something like "zeoctl command"?

In this case, you would need to look for the "runner" section
of "zdaemon".

For such a "daemon", I use the following configuration:

%define LOG_BASE	$(env LOG_BASE,logs)

<runner>
  daemon    true
  program   to_be_overridden_by_command_line
  socket-name   $LOG_BASE/checkindexer_zdsock
</runner>

The "$(env ...)" construct is a private extension to "zconfig"
(posted to the mailing list, but almost surely not incorporated
into the core). This means, it is not available for you.

--
Dieter