[ZDP] FYI: Test new Zope.org site

Amos Latteier Amos@digicool.com
Thu, 12 Aug 1999 21:53:51 -0400

Fellow Zopistas,

I'd like to extend an invitation to ZDP members to test drive the new
Zope.org site before it goes public.

The new site is not done yet, but it does showcase the Portal Toolkit.

  * You can create a membership for yourself and contribute to zope.org
by creating your own objects which are integrated into the site via the
catalog.

  * You can share your knowledge and increase your prestige by having a
cool zope.org home page.

  * You can search the Zope guides and contributed how-tos and
contributed products (finally!)

  * And much more.

The URL is

  http://www.zope.org:8200

Please understand that the site is NOT public yet. Please do not
announce the site to anyone else yet until we have a chance to fix some
more bugs and clean up the presentation and create more content.

Otherwise go crazy, create an account for yourself and report the bugs
you find and features you would like to see to me.

Above all, have fun!

-Amos

P.S. Right now you only can create objects in your own member folders.
Also unless you ask for an upgrade to 'Contributor' your objects will
not be cataloged in the main catalog. If you want to contribute to other
areas of the site we're totally open to that and would be happy to grant
you the 'Owner' role on the objects of your choice. Let us know!

--
Amos Latteier         mailto:amos@digicool.com
Digital Creations     http://www.digicool.com