[ZDP] FYI: Back on the air

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Sat, 14 Aug 1999 12:34:55 +0200

Andreas Kostyrka wrote:
> Just being curious ;)
> The new site is being hosted at an 386/40 with 4MB RAM, and with an
> 16kbit/s Internet link?
> (Or is it just slow for me, because I happen to be on the right side of
>  the Atlantic?)

Hm; this is an odd type of lag. It's slow in fits and bursts for me too,
currently taking forever to load my 'update my membership information' page.
And I pressed 'stop' and tried again, and it went quite quickly, but then
appears to hang on something again. I'm using Netscape 4.6 on Windows,
currently. Appeared to have been the Red Hat icon. A few reloads later it
shows up. Something seems to be going on here that isn't quite right, though
it may be only lag.

From the little I've seen it looks cool, though. Thanks for letting us
know, Paul!

Going-to-look-more-ly yours,