[ZDP] Software Product on test site

Amos Latteier amos@aracnet.com
Mon, 16 Aug 1999 09:50:09 -0700

At 03:04 PM 8/16/99 +0900, TFE MMS JARVIS JOHN wrote:
>I've been poking around the test site and tried out the Software
>Product (among other things ;) I found that, within the software
>product, Add HTML Document and STX Document lead me back to the login
>screen and sometimes popup a login dialog.  Entering a password does
>nothing but I don't get logged out, either so I can just go back to
>wherever I was.
>
>What do HTML Document and STX Document do?

Nothing that you can't do better with a Formatted Document ;-)

Seriously, these classes are depricated and should not show up in the
product add list. Do they only show up in certain areas, or can you always
see them in the product add list?

>Are these examples of ZClasses that I keep reading about?

Yes, in fact almost all the objects you use on the Zope site are ZClasses,
ie How-Tos, Product Distributions, Links, etc.

>This stuff is looking really great!

Thanks!

-Amos