[ZDP] Documentation

Martijn Faassen m.faassen@vet.uu.nl
Tue, 17 Aug 1999 11:23:47 +0200

Andreas Kostyrka wrote:

> On Tue, 17 Aug 1999, Martijn Faassen wrote:
>
> > Andreas Kostyrka wrote:
> > [snip]
> > > One thing, that I didn't get is, which tool is being used by ZDP?
> > > SGML? LaTeX? some closedsource word processor?
> >
> > Currently it's plaintext, structured text, and HTML. One idea is to
> > start using XML.
> Well, when I got it right, none of these are capable of getting printed
> nicely, right? Printed documentation is IMHO important too.

Of course, but the XML can be translated to something else that can be
nicely printed. I've seen SGML->TeX tools, for instance; one can do the
same with XML (if nothing else we can put it through an SGML
intermediary that already supports such conversions, like Docbook,
though I hear there's an XML version of Docbook in the making).

Regards,

Martijn