[ZDP] Documentation...PTK, not XML is the answer...

Martijn Faassen m.faassen@vet.uu.nl
Wed, 18 Aug 1999 17:23:30 +0200

Stephan Richter wrote:

> [snipped all] :)
>
> guys, my problem is that this sounds really cool, but (as I said before) after
> the design is developed noone will have enough energy to actually code it.

I agree with your fear; also it's hard to say how exactly to fit this
into Zope (ZPT). Where'd a 'role object' go, for instance? Where the
'task objects'? We have document objects for one thing, and we can use
ZClasses, but I'm having trouble doing a conceptually clean mapping of
Roles etc into Zope as it's now. Perhaps the Zope Portal Toolkit with
membership brings some clarification, or perhaps someone else can fit it
into Zope more easily than I can (please enlighten me :).

Two basic roles:
   FAQ User -- Different views of FAQ, searching, filtering
               Can add annotations
   FAQ Editor -- Can mutate entries, remove them, remove annotations
                 Can recategorize entries

A possible third role:
   FAQ librarian -- Does the recategorizing work

Regards,

Martijn