[ZDP] XML Tools

Stephan Richter SRichter@ixl.com
Mon, 23 Aug 1999 08:45:53 -0500

> I'd be interested in an XML gurus opinion of the more affordable tools
> on this list (e.g., ISpy's product)...
I don't know if you will find many *gurus* on XML.

But here us what I use to create my XMLs.
I use emacs with FTP to the Zope server. If the XML has a structural mistake
Zope will not allow to save it.
So after every big structure change, I'll try to save that works usually well.
If I absolutely cannot find the mistake, then I copy the emacs content into the
Zope Web editor, and it will show me the incorrect line. To view the XML file's
tree, I simply use the Zope view ;). I believe Zope is the only reason for the
wide usage of XML.

Here is a feature I would like to see from the XML Document product.
Right now the tree view is very hard to read. I cannot memorize the codes that
it gives me. I wish it would display the tags I used.

regards,
stephan
--
Stephan Richter