[ZDP] reality check... painting yourself in a corner...

Patrick Phalen zope@teleo.net
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 14:27:09 -0800

[Jim Salmons, on Fri, 10 Dec 1999]
:: Chris,
::
:: 	You have identified the biggest obstacle to collaboration in your note.
:: Using Framemaker to create documents in today's world is like saying, 'We
:: use patented quills and parchment to write our documents.'
::
:: 	Do DC and the ZOPE community a favor and ABANDON Framemaker with ALL DUE
:: HASTE. You DO NOT need it to do credible, portable documents.

From what I've heard, DC is, in fact, working rigorously to solve this.
I'd expect we'll hear some good news about that soon.