[ZDP] Réf. : Re: [ZDP] DISCUSS: Zope Front Door mockup

kamon.ayeva@bureauveritas.com kamon.ayeva@bureauveritas.com
Fri, 17 Dec 1999 14:14:11 +0100

Hi,

I was also thinking to provide my ideas for the front door, though I missed
the first discussions on it.
In light of Rik and Paul's postings, I would see the front door separated
in 4 blocks:

>> What is Zope ?

For the section "What Can Zope do for you", maybe you could simply list the
different applications of Zope with examples and links, i.e.
- Dynamic Web sites
- Enterprise or Community Portals
- E-Business
- Application Service Provider
- etc...
(Give examples for each w/ links)

Also I think we don't need the "How does Zope work" section (for the
front-door).

>> Zope features

Here I would see an Overview of the features:

CORE APPLICATION SERVICES

- Zope Object Database and Object Request Broker for storing and publishing
 Web objects
- Searching, Indexing and Cataloging
- Built-in Integrated Web server and FTP server
- Alternative integration with other web servers (Apache, IIS, Netscape)
using Persistent CGI or Fast CGI
- WebDAV support
- XML and XML-RPC support
- User authentication against Zope's database or external facilities (SQL,
PAM, LDAP, ...)
- Application development:
  DTML Methods, SQL Methods and Python Methods
  ZClasses
  Factoring
- Browser-based Management Interface
- Virtual Hosting
- Internationalisation

ENTERPRISE DATA INTEGRATION

- SQL Database Adapters
- Zope Enterprise Objects (DC) ??

CONTENT MANAGEMENT

- DTML, HTML, and XML documents
- Powerfull delegation based on Zope's fine-grained authentication and
access control

INTEROPERABILITY and EXTENSIONS

- ZOPE with SSL
- ZOPE <-> CYBERCASH
- ZOPE <-> FRONTIER (XML-RPC)
- etc...

>> Where do I start ?

Agree with Rik and Paul.

>> Zope Community - Zope.org

(Nothing to add.)

I hope these ideas could contribute to having an efficient and killer front
door.

Regards,
Kamon