[ZDP] DISCUSS: Zope Front Door mockup

Esben Haabendal Soerensen bart@sunsite.auc.dk
19 Dec 1999 21:23:40 +0100

>>>>> "Craig" == Craig Allen <cba@mediaone.net> writes:

Craig> This is going to sound crass, and I'm not sure these words are
Craig> quite right, but I think the zope.org page needs to be a little
Craig> glitzier and "professional".  Myself, I prefer a relatively
Craig> high content, low graphics page, but I believe it's time in
Craig> Zope's lifecycle when it needs more flash to grab the attention
Craig> it deserves.

I totally agree.  The more pleasant the website is to the eye the more
time can get from the casusal visistor.  Given enough time this way,
Zope.org should be able to "sell Zope" :-)

Craig> How about a link to that animated GIF that showed what Zope 2
Craig> (or was it PTK?) was going to look like from last summer?  Or
Craig> better yet, to a Shockwave animation of using the XMLDocument
Craig> product, something that is so simple and yet so powerful that a
Craig> visitor should sit up and take notice.

Please do not consider destroying Zope.org with shockwave!!  Being a
Linux user, I always immediately leave websites that requires
shockwave plugins.

It really should not be nessecary, and it utterly defeats the main
purpose of any website which should be to be accessible.

Craig> The enhydra.org home page is more like what I'd like to see at
Craig> zope.org.

http://www.midgard-project.org/

is another web application server (wannabe) that completely outsells
Zope.org when it come to web design/layout.

/bart
--
caffeine low .... brain halted