[ZDP] ZDP-Tools features

Maik Roeder roeder@berg.net
Wed, 29 Dec 1999 21:37:54 +0100

Hi !

> Looks great! Only some minor problems, ie. the style of the ZDP2000 isn't
> used everyware

I don't understand, I am using the standard_html_header, so it is always
included in DocumentFolders. If it does not, then this is an error. Can you
point me to a page where this happens ?

> and the width is too long (see
> http://zdp.zope.org:8080/ZDP/projects/zdptools/  and members info pages).
> ie. you have to scroll to the right for viewing the buttons.

This must be some problem with your browser, because I can not reproduce this.
I use Netscape 4.61.

> If you go to the .../members/ page, no member is displayed.

I still need to program a MemberFolder. Up to now I only have the Member ZClass.

> I like the idea of the 'your here map' (eg. Zope Documentation Project  >
> ZDP 2000  >  projects  >  zdptools ).
> I think we better place it inside the main html pages of ZDP2000, so all ZDP
> pages will have this great bar!

All you have to do is replacing all your normal Folders with DocumentFolders.

> How did you manage this?

The bar is nothing but a derivation of the breadcrumbs by Loren Stafford:

How-To: Breadcrumbs Navigation Trail
http://www.zope.org/Members/lstaffor/Breadcrumbs

> What do you mean with the DocumentFolder object? What does the members have
> to do with it?

The member should create DocumentFolders. Then they insert their Documents
inside. Just make sure to rename you index_html to content. (May change in the
future, because I have not fully made up my mind on this issue).
This will call the index_html of the DocumentFolder ZClass, which will
insert the content for you.

I am currently finishing a ProjectFolder, Phase and Task ZClass. This will
be put online tonight together with the Project Documentation, which I will
of course put directly in the new ProjectFolders to check that it is working.

A FAQ Design has been worked on, and all the other kinds of documents can be
easily created by Members who know a little bit about ZClasses, and who
have read the Documentation.

Greetings,

Maik