[ZDP] Tree Tag

Martijn Pieters mj@antraciet.nl
Wed, 07 Jul 1999 09:16:07 +0200

At 05:14 07/07/99 , Sin Hang Kin wrote:
>Dear Sir,
>
>     Would you please explain the tree tag in the Zbook tutorial. I could
> not understand about why passing the tree-c tree-s in url.
>
>     Please point me to the related document if available

We pass along the tree-s, -c, and -e variables inn order to preserve the
state of the tree between pages. We use a tree tag on all the ZBook pages,
and it should appear as one to the visitor.

Tree-s normally contains the state of the tree. However, when someone
clicks on a plus or minus symbol, the tree-state is then altered by the
tree-e or tree-c (expand and collapse) variables, and tree-s is not updated
accordingly. This probably should be patched.

So, in order to pass the exact displayed state of the tree to another page
using the same tree-tag code, you need to pass in tree-s, and tree-e and
tree-c if they exist.

You won't find this information in any of the official docs (yet). I wrote
a quick overview on the list a while ago:

http://www.zope.org/pipermail/zope/1999-February/001928.html and
http://www.zope.org/pipermail/zope/1999-February/001930.html

DC has since contacted me about including this information in their
documentation.

--
Martijn Pieters, Web Developer